How do you make more money with Google Adsense?
Well, you have to get more clicks on your ads for starters! Of course we all want to increase our Google Adsense click through rate because the more the surfer clicks your ads… the more you get paid. Simples.
Here are 10 sneakily effective tips on how to increase your CTR.
1) Get rid of public service ads which pay you nothing for all of your hard work. These are ‘placeholders’ put there by Google when they don’t have ads relevant to your content.
2) Place your ads “above the fold” so that your visitors don’t have to scroll down in order to see your ads. The less work your visitors have to do to see your ads the better.
3) Post your Adsense ads on text rich pages and be sure that Adsense has a lot of keywords to work with. Getting higher paying keywords is always better. Hint — think “products” when it comes to choosing those high-paying keywords.
4) Match the colors of your ads with the colour scheme of your site. Blending with your sites color profile helps to identify them not as ads, but as links similar to those of your site. The more the AdSense looks like part of your site, the higher CTR you will get. You can also match the Adsense fonts with your website font design for great results.
5) Provide some free space around ads so that they stand out and users know where to find them. Don’t clutter up the ads inside your content.
6) Avoid titles like the approved ‘Sponsored Links’ and ‘Advertisements’ above the Adsense ads. Why do you want to tell the world they are ads when Google already puts ‘Ads by Gooooogle’ with them? These two terms are the only ones allowed by Google TOS. Any other terms will get your account terminated.
7) Experiment by changing the colors, background of advertisements. You have to find out what works best for your site, not others. You can also rotate Adsense colors to reduce ad blindness.
8) Many experienced Adsense users have reported better CTR with vertical ads rather than the horizontal ones. But that really depends on your site structure. I’ll give you my personal “can’t fail” in my guide on how to make money with Adsense.
9) Use section targeting – you can target an ad unit to a specific section of your blog, as well as block out irrelevant sections like navigational links. This is useful to get more targeted ads.
10) Many sites will have small ads in the top right hand corner, as they claim it is the first place where the eye lands. Try this and see how it works for your site.
These tips will definitely help improve your CTR.
All you have to do is apply them…
Get a complete blueprint on how to build a full-time income with Adsense here…